Lead Content Writer
In Office & Remote Mix
Boxwood Digital Marketing is looking to add an enthusiastic Lead Content Writer to our team. This person will oversee the content produced by our agency and also do a fair amount of content creation themselves as we grow our team. We are an SEO agency so an understanding of SEO is a must, but you will have support for SEO strategy.
Lead Content Writer will oversee our small team of two copywriters and will be “last eyes” on most of the SEO content we produce. An understanding of marketing copywriting and editing is required. This person will also do tasks that require great attention to detail such as updating client websites, scheduling social media posts, and ensuring that client brand and voices are followed on everything created. You will report directly to the CEO/Chief Strategist.
Boxwood Digital was founded almost five years ago and is located in Lakewood, Colorado. We specialize in SEO for eCommerce companies. We also work with several local service based Colorado businesses and assist in a few other areas of digital marketing such as social media, email, PPC ads, and some website design.
Boxwood Digital Marketing is a growing company, and we would love for you to be a part of it!
- Edit and approve written copy, social media posts, and other deliverables
- Ensure that best SEO practices are followed on all SEO writing
- Update client websites, such a publishing blog posts or updating copy for SEO
- As our team grows you will also be producing a lot of content personally, but that will dwindle as we evolve
- Schedule social media posts for publishing
- Verify that unique client branding and voice is followed on the content we produce
- Some additional miscellaneous digital marketing tasks as needed
Desired Skills and Traits:
- 3+ years of marketing copywriting experience is desired
- A demonstrated understanding of SEO and content marketing strategy
- Great content writing ability
- Capability to lead a team of two copywriters
- An acute ability for editing
- Comfort with common digital marketing CMS’s and applications, such as WordPress, SEMrush, and Google Analytics
- Interest in developing your skills as a manager as our team grows
Details of the Position:
- Pay will be based on experience in the range of $50-$60k per year
- Although we have been on and off remote due to COVID, our normal schedule is a mix of in-office and remote work in order to better foster collaboration
- Perks include PTO, health insurance, work from home days, a somewhat flexible schedule, and a free gym on the premises
- By getting in on the ground floor of a growing company you will have a say in how your position evolves over time
How to Apply:
- Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter
- SEO copywriting samples (long form like an SEO blog post or landing page)
Please feel free to email email@example.com with any questions. We look forward to meeting you!